Start on the right foot with a Smooth Stride Runners’ Clinic
SARANAC LAKE – Don’t let pain or injury prevent you from enjoying the health benefits of running. Adirondack Health can help you run longer, faster and as pain free as possible.
Adirondack Health offers the Smooth Stride Runners’ Clinics where participants will receive:
- Full running assessment by trained staff
- Biomechanical screening and footwear recommendations for issues which may lead to injury and lost training time
- Computerized running gait analysis using DartFish video software
- Functional movement assessment with corrective exercises
- Nutritional screening
- Running physiology with training guidelines
The Runners’ Clinics are scheduled for the following dates and locations
- Thursday, Feb. 20; Adirondack Health Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine facility, Lake Placid, 29 Church Street.
- Thursday, Feb. 27; Adirondack Physical Therapy & Sports Rehabilitation, Plattsburgh, 39 Court Street.
- March 20, April 3 and May 15; Adirondack Health Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine facility, Lake Placid.
Start times for the clinics are 5:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., and are limited to four participants per time slot. Cost is $35 per person.
Contact Dino Angelopoulos, Certified Athletic Trainer, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist at (518) 523-8589 to reserve a spot in any of the clinics or if you have questions. The Runners’ Clinics are sponsored by Adirondack Health’s Rehabilitation and Sports Science Department, Adirondack Physical Therapy & Sports Rehabilitation and Adirondack Nutrition Consulting.
Follow the latest updates on the Runners’ Clinics on Facebook at www.facebook.com/runnersclinicLP.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
JOE RICCIO, Communications Director