FAST training available to high school athletes
SARANAC LAKE - Adirondack Health is offering area high school-aged athletes a Fundamental Agility and Speed Training (FAST) program under the guidance of Certified Athletic Trainer Dino Angelopoulos.
- What: A movement-based program designed to focus on balance, coordination and mobility to enhance agility and speed. The ability to decelerate and change direction is as important to athletic success as acceleration, and relies heavily on a strong base of support. This is the basis of athletic development.
- Location: Chadwick Field at the U.S. Olympic Training Center, or if weather dictates, inside the gymnasium. Olympians train at both locations.
- Who: For high school athletes, ages 14-18 years.
- About: Dino Angelopoulos, ATC, CSCS and a staff member of Adirondack Health's Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Department, has 15 years of experience working with all levels of athletes, from youth/novice to Olympic level athletes. His background in injury management along with strength and conditioning gives Dino the expertise to assist all athletes and improve their athleticism while minimizing risk of injury.
- When: Tuesdays and Thursdays, from June 25 through Aug. 1. Enrollment numbers will dictate Noon-1 p.m. sessions and/or 4:30-5:30 p.m. sessions. Depending on interest, sessions may be run at both times.
- Cost: $149 for 12 sessions
Athletes interested in participating in this summer's FAST program can contact Dino Angelopoulos at (518)523-8589 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
JOE RICCIO, Communications Director