FAST program to focus on agility and speed for high school athletes
SARANAC LAKE – Adirondack Health is offering area high school-aged athletes a Fundamental Agility and Speed Training (FAST) program under the guidance of Certified Athletic Trainer Dino Angelopoulos, specifically designed to focus on balance, coordination and mobility to enhance agility and speed.
• Learn basic movement skills to improve coordination and body control
• Experience different training techniques to achieve higher levels of performance
• Focus on balance, coordination and mobility to enhance quickness and agility
• Improve strength to get more out of your skills and tactical sessions
• Learn new training techniques
• Location: Chadwick Field at the U.S. Olympic Training Center, or if weather dictates, inside the gymnasium. Olympians train at both locations.
• For: High school athletes, ages 14-18 years.
• Led by: Dino Angelopoulos, ATC, CSCS and a staff member of Adirondack Health’s Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Department, has over 15 years of experience working with all levels of athletes, from youth/novice to Olympic level athletes. His background in injury management along with strength and conditioning knowledge gives Dino the expertise to assist all athletes and improve athleticism while minimizing risk of injury.
• When: Tuesdays and Thursdays, from June 10 through July 31. Enrollment numbers will dictate Noon-1 p.m. sessions and/or 4:30-5:30 p.m. sessions. Depending on interest, sessions may be run at both times.
• Cost: $199 for 16 sessions
Athletes interested in participating in this summer’s FAST program, please contact Dino Angelopoulos at (518) 523-8589 or dangelopoulos@AdirondackHealth.org for more information.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
JOE RICCIO, Communications Director