Adirondack Health prepares runners for the coming season
SARANAC LAKE – Hit the ground running this spring with Adirondack Health’s Smooth Stride Runners’ Clinic. Whether you are looking to improve your running style, reduce muscle stress or strain, or develop the proper diet to support your running lifestyle, the skilled staff from Adirondack Health’s Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Department provides the tools needed to run longer, faster and smarter this season.
The Smooth Strides Runners’ Clinic includes:
• Individual running gait recommendations obtained through video analysis taken over ground, not on a treadmill. Analysis is performed using the Kinematic Running Assessment Method.
• Footwear recommendations based on individual foot position.
• Strength and flexibility assessment.
• Training guidelines.
• Body composition and nutritional advice.
• The chance to work with highly trained, enthusiastic individuals who will go the extra mile to ensure your success.
Clinics will take place at the Olympic Training Center at 196 Old Military Rd., Lake Placid, on Feb. 18, March 17, April 21 and May 19. Start times for the clinics are 5:30 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. Pre-registration is necessary and space is limited to four participants per time slot. Cost is $40 per person, due at the time of the clinic.
Contact Crystal Richards, PT, DPT, at (518) 523-8582 with questions and to make a reservation.
Adirondack Health’s Smooth Stride Runners’ Clinic is sponsored by Adirondack Health Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Department, Lake Placid Sports Medicine, Adirondack Nutritional Consultants, The United States Olympic Training Center and The Fallen Arch.