Where: Lake Placid
Adirondack Health’s Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Department is offering a summer strength training program for area high school athletes called SPEED Training, designed to build a base for training with a focus on proper technique to develop strength and power.
SPEED (Strong, Powerful, Explosive, Energetic, Dedicated) Training Overview:
• Adirondack Health’s team of Certified Athletic Trainers and Strength and Conditioning Specialists has designed this program to help young athletes improve their performance and reduce the chance of injury.
• Athletes will learn proper exercises and techniques to achieve strength and power gains.
• SPEED Training is based on the science of exercise physiology and biomechanics.
• Athletes will build strength through lifts such as squats, bench presses and rows, and Olympic lifts such as cleans and jerks.
• For the athlete interested in developing long–term power and speed.
Athletes interested in enrolling in this summer’s SPEED Training, please contact Dino Angelopoulos at (518) 523-8589 or dangelopoulos@AdirondackHealth.org for more information.