Individualized treatment, specialized care
Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy (VRT), an exercise-based program designed to improve balance and reduce dizziness-related problems.
Common symptoms that can be helped with vestibular rehabilitation include:
- Dizziness or blurry vision with head movements
- Neck tightness, stiffness and/or pain
- Imbalance or the need to hold onto objects when walking
- Frequent falls
- Generalized dizziness, wooziness and foggy head feelings
This specialized balance retraining treatment stimulates the brain to adjust to abnormalities of the inner ear (vestibular) system. After a thorough evaluation and assessment, a VRT-certified physical therapist will develop an individualized treatment plan that includes specific head, body and eye exercises to be performed both in the therapy setting and at home, as the brain learns to compensate for the inner ear.
Expected vestibular rehabilitation outcomes include:
- Decreased fall risk
- Decreased dizziness symptoms
- Improved balance
- Improved ability to stabilize vision/gaze
- Increased body strength
- Return to prior level of movement/function
- Increase in confidence in ability to maintain balance
- Improved neck motion, reduced symptoms
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact any of our clinics. Tupper Lake 359-2479, Saranac Lake 891-2697, Lake Placid 523-8580.