How we can help
Working with the full range of human communication and conditions, speech-language pathologists:
- Evaluate and diagnose speech, language, cognitive-communication and swallowing disorders.
- Treat speech, language, cognitive-communication and swallowing disorders in individuals of all ages, from infants to the elderly.
Through a cooperative effort of Adirondack Health's Medical Imaging and Rehabilitation Departments, we offer comprehensive swallowing evaluation services for inpatients and outpatients.
You may benefit from our help if you experience:
- Pain while swallowing
- Difficulty eating and swallowing
- Inadequate nutrition
- Coughing, choking or gagging while eating
- Trouble eating certain foods or liquids
Swallow studies allow us to look at your throat with X-ray equipment as you swallow. The test is done in the Medical Imaging Department, with the speech pathologist and radiologist working together. Professional swallowing evaluation and treatment is available with a doctor's referral.