Hope for those coping with chronic pain
Pain Management Program
Adirondack Medical Center
2233 State Route 86
Saranac Lake, NY 12953
Phone: (518) 897-2750
Fax: (518) 897-2740
Pain management for chronic conditions, post surgical recovery and injury rehabilitation is an important service to support the healing process. Adirondack Health's skilled pain management team, under the direction of Dr. Pierre R. Herard, understands the importance of effective pain management in maintaining a sense of well-being and quality of life for recovering and chronically ill patients.
About Dr. Herard:
Under the medical direction of Dr. Pierre R. Herard, Adirondack Health has expanded its comprehensive range of procedure-oriented pain management.
Board certified in Pain Management as well as Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Dr. Herard has joined Adirondack Health’s medical staff to direct pain management services at Adirondack Medical Center in Saranac Lake. Dr. Herard provides care for patients with a variety of chronic and acute pain issues. Treatment options are available for conditions including migraine and cluster headaches, sciatic pain, joint pain, back pain and pain resulting from surgery or physical trauma.
Dr. Herard offers care through a non-narcotic approach of interventional procedures. Joint, nerve and muscle injections, nerve blocks and Botox treatment for chronic pain conditions are available to patients, as well as implanted spinal cord stimulators that transmit impulses to relieve back, leg and nerve pain.
Dr. Herard completed his residency at Long Island Jewish Hospital in New York City, and comes to Adirondack Health with over 17 years of extensive and specific experience in pain management for acute and chronic conditions.
A referral from a primary care provider is needed and most forms of insurance are accepted. Referring physicians can schedule an appointment for pain management care, by calling (518) 897-2750.
Injuries and Illnesses Treated
- Low back pain
- Thoracic pain with radiculopathy
- Neck pain-stenosis
- Cancer pain
- Facet pain
- Pain before and after back surgery
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Migraine and cluster headaches
- Occipital neuralgia
- Joint pain including shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee and ankle
Types of procedures offered
- Cervical and lumbar transforaminal and translaminal epidural steroid injections
- Facet joint injections
- Radio frequency thermocoagulation – facet rhizotomy
- Radio frequency ablation of sacroiliac joint
- Nerve blocks
- Epidural adhesiolysis by caudal approach
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Trial and permanent spinal cord stimulator placement
- Botox for headaches, dystonia and torticollis
- Image-guided injections for nerves, muscles and peripheral joints